Spotify Playlist Randomizer
This tool will randomize the order of the tracks in your playlist.
How do I randomize my playlist?
1. Press the "Login with Spotify" button and login with your Spotify account. This will let us view the contents of all your saved playlists so we can shuffle the contents.
2. Select a playlist and press "Randomize Order". This will immediately being reshuffling the order of your playlist so make sure you select the correct one. For large playlists this may take up to 30s, but most playlists should be finished in a few seconds.
3. You will receive a notification if the randomization was successful.
Is it free to use?
Yes, this tool is completely free to use (and with no ads). You can choose from any playlist saved to your Spotify library and randomize as many times as you want.
How does it work?
In order to reorder your playlist, we first delete all tracks and then add them back in a random order. While we have no reported cases of this going wrong, it's possible that in a very very unfortunate set of conditions the program could crash before re-adding the tracks. For this reason we recommend all users to backup their playlists before using this tool.
Why would I need to shuffle my playlist?
There are a lot of reasons you might want to shuffle your playlist:
1. You want to listen to your playlist in a random order.
2. You want the default order to more accurately represent the type of songs in the playlist.
3. For fun!
How does this compare with other playlist randomizers?
Most playlist shufflers copy the contents of your playlist to an entirely new playlist and delete the old one. While this does work, it means you lose your playlist's cover, description and likes. Our technique (which you can read about above) preserves the same playlist (and all its associated metadata).
What do I do after randomizing?
Open your playlist in Spotify and it should be randomized! Make sure that you select "Custom Order" in the dropdown to see the changes.